• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LarrynKy

Jul 20, 2010
I was reviewing the various ways to improve the GPS functionality and have now noticed that I am in constant sattelite search with nothing found. I restored all settings to the original and rebooted. I now notice that while searching for the sattelite I do not have the flashing icon on the top bar. Both settings are on in the main setting menu under location and security. Any ideas?

The fixes do nothing. I recommend turning off GPS in settings are restarting your phone to see if that stops it from looking for a connection. It is likely an application running in the background trying to get location like Weatherbug or Where since both have been known to launch themselves an continuously try to obtain a location.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones