• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Hero Died... Help

I don't think this was any fault of my own, but my hero just started seriously acting up. Here is what happened: I thought it was kind of running slow so I used to power button to shut it down and restart it. When I restarted it the Hero could not find service and has a laundry list of applications that it force closes, namely:

NFL Mobile LIve (process com.handson.h2o.nfl)
Google Maps (process com.google.android.apps.maps)
Music (process com.htc.music)
Voicemail (process com.coremobility.app.vnotes)
process com.google.process.gapps
process com.android.phone

the last two pop up as FC more than once sometimes. This list is in the order that it came up when i restarted it this time.

NOw it won't connect to the Sprint network or work properly in a number of respects.

I installed a few apps yesterday that I uninstalled again via Settings>applications>Manage applications, but this also did not do any good. Here are the apps I got yesterday:

What the Doodle!?
Wave Secure Beta
Speed Forge 3D Demo
Graviturn
SPB TV
GPS Status

Currently my expensive hero is a brick. Shit. Someone please help. I would prefer not to hard reset, and have to dl all apps again.

Exact same problem, just started about an hour ago. I didn't install any apps between my last reset and now (and none of the ones that are in your list either before that either) and i get all similar FCs before it even loads SenseUI. I'll try contacting Sprint to let them know, but will probably just do the backup. I wonder how many other people this is happening to.

Upvote 0
Okay, this has happened twice to me. I turned my phone on and everything FC'd on me. I noticed that I did the same thing before both times, I installed AudioManager Widget, which FC's everytime you restart your phone, so I uninstalled it and now everything works fine. Also you should install, "Lookout" It's a virus software and you can back EVERYTHING including contacts and pictures to their site FOR FREE. You just have to go create a free account here: http://www.mylookout.com

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones