• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

my hero is crapping out.

Warrior 3000

Nov 22, 2009
so iv had my hero for a long time now. i know all the issuea with the battey life. i know to turn of gps, wifi and mobile network. i dont use the default messaging app cause it kills your battrey. iv been using chompSMS. but the past like 2 weeks every time i get a text i look under my task kill and i see "messanger" is running !!!! wtf ! how do i stop this ?!

I'm pretty sure the htc messages process needs to be running...chompSMS and Handcent sit "on top" of it. That's why you have to turn off notifications in the default app, because otherwise you would get a notification from both that and chomp.

Just leave it! The messages app does not have that much of an impact on battery life lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones