1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

My (horrible) Nexus One support experience

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cstavaru, Aug 27, 2010.

1. cstavaru

cstavaru Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Hi,

I thought this can serve as a heads up for people who want to fix their Nexus One phones...

So I am located in Romania. This hasn't stopped me from buying a Nexus One the day it was launched, through a package forwarding company.

Fast forward a few months, and my phone has a lot of dust under the screen. I needed to have it repaired and I spoke to a HTC representative over the phone, he presented me two options and the swap option seemed best for me since I would not be forced to live without a phone. He specifically told me that the replacement would not be new but it would look and feel brand new.

They locked $530 from my credit card and sent me a replacement phone via the package forwarding company, and I would have to send my phone via UPS for my $100 expense.

OMG ! The replacement had dings all over the frame, the back cover does not close without some gaps, the power button is loose and generally a wreck of a phone. But the screen seemed new...yeah, it will look and feel brand new...haha :mad:

So I have called HTC repair center to tell them I will send their replacement back because it is rubbish and I would like to send my phone in the same package for a repair. But...I can't ! They said I have to send the replacement back first, then they will close the ticket and then I will have to open a new repair ticket and send my phone to them separately (and spend another $100 sending from outside US).

Well...right now I have an impulse to throw both phones in the garbage bin and get a cheap Nokia. I like my phones to be in the best possible shape, I sold my previous iPhones in factory-new shape...and now this. I think I will make one more effort and send both phone within one package and write one explanative letter in the box to tell them I did that in order to save $100. But it will be my last attempt at owning a Nexus One !

So...that's my story. Don't ever do Nexus One swaps with Google/HTC, they will send you junk.

Advertisement

2. Endocraft

Endocraft Active Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I'm sorry to hear that, man. It sucks.

However, you can't say they'll "send you junk" based on 1 experience.

3. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Engineer
    New York
    I had the exact opposite experience. Had an issue with my N1, called google who transfered me to HTC, I opt to have the $530 hold placed on my card and keep my old N1 until the new one arrived. When I got the new one I examined them side by side and I believe the new N1 was of a higher quality then my original. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

4. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

From Romania, why not try the HTC repair centre in the UK?

Communications House, Presley Way, Crownhill, Milton Keynes - (0044) 01908 556400

I had an excellent experience with them.

Tags: