• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My HTC Desire doesn't unlock! Please help!

kdervisov

Lurker
Apr 24, 2012
Hi guys,

I got a biiiig, biiig, problem...
I've locked my phone yesterday and I've found a problem that doesn't let me unlock the device. I couldn't unlock and reboot the phone, so I took off the battery and placed it on and started up the phone. It freezed again on the unlocking. Tried this a couple of times - same problem. It has no wallpaper, the SD card reacts very slowly, the network also, and the screen doesn't turn off by itself if you don't do it so. Sometimes I can't even answer a call, it shows somthing like "Application not responding. Wait/Force close". I doubt it's the HTC Sense broken down or something similar. Please help me, I need my phone very quickly!

P.S. The phone is NOT rooted

Thanks!

Want to do a Hardware reset?
It is like a factory reset, the phone will have the status like you unboxed it first time.

1. With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
2. Wait for the screen with the 3 Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button
3. Press VOLUME DOWN to select CLEAR STORAGE, and then press POWER
4. When asked to confirm, press VOLUME UP

Good luck :)

Harry

Reactions: kdervisov
Upvote 0
Want to do a Hardware reset?
It is like a factory reset, the phone will have the status like you unboxed it first time.

1. With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
2. Wait for the screen with the 3 Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button
3. Press VOLUME DOWN to select CLEAR STORAGE, and then press POWER
4. When asked to confirm, press VOLUME UP

Good luck :)

Harry

Is there any way that doesn't delete all that data stored on the phone and SD card?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones