• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help my htc desire keeps randomly rebooting

minzer

Aug 8, 2010
whether im using an app or just texting, my desire reboots, and repeatedly reboots and sometimes freezes at the HTC screen, and its not overheating when this happens, but i have realized that it heats up alot quicker every since this random reboot problem has started. anyone know the problem/cause/solution of this??? please help me.

My phone was doing the same thing. Just be sitting here and I would hear it turn back on, which is how I knew it went off. I have read other posts with same issue, supposedly a motherboard problem. BUT.. I was told that if I use it a lot (phone) that I should take the battery out for about 5 minutes twice a week. The tech said that they are just like computers and need this "restarting" too. I started doing this and my phone does not reboot itself anymore. Easiest way, when u take a shower, take battery out.. perfect amount of time for it to refresh (as per the tech). Hope it helps you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones