1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support my htc desire s crashed and now will turn on but has just the back light on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zoepow, Aug 25, 2011.

1. zoepow

zoepow Lurker
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    hi i just need some advice plz my phone isnt even 4 months old and this is the second time it has done it to me i took it to the store i got it from and they changed the battery (so they say ) my phone went on charge at 12 midnight and by 4 am this morning it lit up my bedroom and turned itself off so i took the battery out because the time it happened befor the phone would get to hot i got up this morning at 7 am put the battery back in and its turns on shows the loading screen and then it just goes blank but with the back light on constant im going to take the phone back to the store today for the second time this week. Is it the battery or the phone any advise would be helpfull thanks.

Advertisement

2. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    I would suggest you try two things before taking it to the shop next time. a) Remove the battery for 30 seconds before turning it on. b) Doing a 'factory reset' which will restore your phone to its original state. You'll lose all your contacts, data, etc, with a 'factory reset', so remember to back-up your phone beforehand.

I would try both of the above with and without the SIM and SD card in the phone - to see whichever works.

If neither of these do work, and you have to take the phone back to the shop a third time, I'd ask for your phone to be replaced, not just the battery, as it would seem to be the phone that's the problem.

3. wobblelino

wobblelino Lurker
    None

Dec 29, 2009
    Research
    London, UK
    Hi all,

I had exactly the same problems. Took it back to the T-Mobile shop and they sent it for repair so now using the old hero (which was great at the time but no comparison to the Desire S).

Unfortunately though It is now 3 weeks since it went in for repair and looking at the repair status at tmobile online it has been 2 weeks awaiting parts. I've contacted tmobile 3 times and the actual repair centre once. the repair centre told me that my phone needs a new mother board so basically everything will be replaced except the
    shell. But because the parts are coming from htc they don't know when it will be reparied.

Im really annoyed about this, i cant understand why tmobile cant give me a replacement if everything is being replaced anyway (except the case). I'm getting gradually more annoyed.

I had the phone less than 3 months. I understand things go wrong but the level of service is shoddy at best and customer services just dont care. Hope you have more luck... and if you do can you reply and let me know as i cant bear using my hero any longer... its so slow!

Tags: