1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My HTC Evo no longer vibrates

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Oryan110, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Oryan110

Oryan110 Lurker

Today, my Evo all of a sudden stopped vibrating whenever I got a text, phone call, etc. It will no vibrate for anything. So I tried the soundmanager app fix and i also tried a hard reset. Absolutely nothing worked. What can I do?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. If you have done a hard reset, then it's not a software issue, it's a hardware failure. Take it to a corporate sprint store or a Sprint repair center. They will look at it, and hopefully should give you a replacement.

3. Oryan110

Oryan110 Lurker

Will they charge me anything? And should I backup my data again or if I already used My backup app is everything still on there?

4. As sitlet stated this is hardware failure. Go take it to local store as I am sure you ran out of your remorse period so they will tell you that you have to send it to HTC for RMA and file it warranty.

You are not a chick right? lol I wonder how you got the vibration totally stopped. What were you doing? :p hope your not a dude but LOL

5. Oryan110

Oryan110 Lurker

I am a guy. I just have my phone set to vibrate at all times. It makes it easier to text whenever I'm in class so I'm not rude to my professors. But i got this phone for a gift on Christmas so I don't know when the actual purchase date was.

6. Well was it new phone? If so find out where they got it from and hit them up. You maybe able to "social" you way out of this just say you got this as present and you didn't actually active service and use the phone till 1month. If you got it from sprint well then keep hitting Rep's until someone listen I know people who got replacements even after remorse period was over, just threaten to cancel service and if you got it from Sprint as new phone they will have transaction data so just provide them with proof.

7. Oryan110

Oryan110 Lurker

It was a new phone when i got it. I'm still on parents cell phone plan cause I can't afford my own bill. I'll see what happens.

8. They got it officially though Sprint right? I am not Sprint customer so I don't know their internal policies but from what I know they will not honor it if you don't get it from their vendors. If your parents did get it from Sprint call Tech Support and tell them you need replacement as its hardware failure and your not satisfied with it blah blah blah whatever you need to tell them you get the idea. But if all fails you have HTC's warranty which you are still covered under so no worries.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews