• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help my htc hd2 reboots own its own. why?

i have an htc hd2 running on android 2.3.7, buildnumber GWK74 (nexusHD2-gingerbread V3.2a NAND), the kernal is 2.6.32.15_tytung_r13-gcedba87 tytung@unutu #130 and my phone reboots on its own. its on t-mobile, but when i got it the phone was being used for AT&T; the phone is rooted. i just want to know why it reboots and is there a way to fix it? i dont want to put it back to the stock rom cause its only a temporary phone and im going to give it back to the person that gave it to me just in case the phone they have breaks and needs a back up. i just need want to fix the rebooting problem.

i have an htc hd2 running on android 2.3.7, buildnumber GWK74 (nexusHD2-gingerbread V3.2a NAND), the kernal is 2.6.32.15_tytung_r13-gcedba87 tytung@unutu #130 and my phone reboots on its own. its on t-mobile, but when i got it the phone was being used for AT&T; the phone is rooted. i just want to know why it reboots and is there a way to fix it? i dont want to put it back to the stock rom cause its only a temporary phone and im going to give it back to the person that gave it to me just in case the phone they have breaks and needs a back up. i just need want to fix the rebooting problem.

this is tricky to fix or track the root cause. i would if it was my phone check the 3rd party apps and clear cache/data and maybe force close them. if not that reflash the rom again sometimes the issues are because of a bad flash or even redownload the rom and flash the new download. it could be hardware to going out?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones