1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My HTC Wildfire S won't let me type ): PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nicole T, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Nicole T

Nicole T Lurker

Hey there!
    My HTC Wildfire S won't let me type. Whenever I click on my browser, or try to reply to my text messages or anything, my keyboard just will not show up!
    I have tried switching my phone on and off again, but it still doesn't fix the problem. I don't know what to do, and I don't really want to reset my phone and delete all of my pictures/music etc, but if that's the only way to fix it, then I suppose I'll do it.
    Please help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Harish Harris

Harish Harris Well-Known Member

Never heard of such a problem. Try uninstalling any app that you installed before this problem occurred.

3. karolisb

karolisb Lurker

Find "Touch Input" app and click "Clear data".

4. bobdamnit

bobdamnit Android Enthusiast

Open settings>keyboard and make sure you have a keyboard installed. (Default for most Wildfire S's is Swype.) Also, make sure you have one checkmarked. (Again, swype.)

Open Messaging.app and touch+hold where you type the text body. A popup box will show up that says "Input method". Select that, then pick the keyboard you want. Close Messaging.app and re-open it and try seeing if the keyboard works.

5. IHelp

IHelp Lurker

i tried to update my phone but then at the end it said that i had to restart my phone to complete it, but if i restart my phone i will lose everything and it won't come off my notification bar what should i do?? That notification saying that i have to restart my phone is on my notification bar and it won't come off i really need help and i have a HTC WILDFIRE S

6. Calomax

Calomax Well-Known Member

You shouldn't lose anything if you restart it. Only if you do a factory reset.

HTC Wildfire S Forum

The HTC Wildfire S release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews