• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My icons changed and disappeared?

bebbles

Aug 22, 2011
gplus.to
Out of the blue, some of my icons disappeared. Then the remaining one got this gear picture on it. =T

What is going on? lol

Attachments

• P1060003.JPG
    P1060003.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 51
its an issue with apps/games that are downloaded and put on the media portion (12 gigs). usually apps and games that are downloaded are saved to the phone portion (2gigs). what i was doing was downloading apps/games and after they were installed i was moving them to the media section. apparently some games/apps are incompatible with this method even though its technically the same 16gigs of memory just partitioned differently.

I dont know but maybe this issue is fixed in the soon to come OTA. but its still gonna be hard to fill up that 2 gigs. Even if a game is 200mb, it usually downloads and installs the main core of the game (take 20mb for this example) and saves it on the phone portion while the other 180mb are defult saved to the media portion or to your external SD

Reactions: Knitewulf
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones