• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My impressions..

solidkevin

Android Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2009
Build Quality is surperb! Just fantastic and feels like you are holding a quality device, feels expensive. Does not, I repeat, does NOT feel big, actually compared it to my 3gs and its not even that much bigger, 3gs is fatter.

Screen is great! The brightness is really high, the colors are great, the blacks are black (actually comparable to amoled imo) and its awesome to have that 4.3' screen space!

HSPA+ here in new york is actually really fast and I definitely notice the difference, hopefully it gets even faster!

Camera is great, indoors it takes decent pictures and dual led flash is strong! Outside is where it truly shines though, pictures and videos taken outside are just fantastic!

OS is great as well, no slowdowns, some bloatware here and there but so far everything has been super fast and responsive, HTC sense is hands down the best, call me crazy but I like it just as good as stock.

Speakerphone like people have said is not the strongest but it not horrible and you get used to it.

Music playback is great! Could be louder (im very picky about my music) but its really good, if you are a music nut, download poweramp, trust me worth it completely.

As far as battery life, I took off widgets and and took off auto sync, when I leave I turn off wifi and turn the brightness down, so far it seems fine but too early to judge.

If youre thinking of buying, stop thinking, go get it, for me it has everything I want and need, it is a superbly made phone and you wont regret it.

Reactions: AndreaCristiano
Look at it this way Andrea, they are a fellow HTC lover like us all here. :D

That's right. I've been on the bandwagon since my HTC Touch Diamond < Sprint HTC Hero < HTC EVO and now I get to share the joys of an Inspire through my co-worker. (We work side by side all day)

Although, I did experience some fun with a Samsung Rant and Instinct, I'm not going Samsung for Android.

Upvote 0
That's right. I've been on the bandwagon since my HTC Touch Diamond &lt; Sprint HTC Hero &lt; HTC EVO and now I get to share the joys of an Inspire through my co-worker. (We work side by side all day)

Although, I did experience some fun with a Samsung Rant and Instinct, I'm not going Samsung for Android.

I had an old school HTC tilt and then the Sprint hero and for a week the aria

Upvote 0
That's right. I've been on the bandwagon since my HTC Touch Diamond < Sprint HTC Hero < HTC EVO and now I get to share the joys of an Inspire through my co-worker. (We work side by side all day)

I made the mistake of jumping to the Samsung Captivate last July when I knew that better phones would be out early 2011, I just wanted a new phone so bad I just compromised and grabbed the Captivate.

I loved it, at first, but the issues soon started coming up and I couldn't take it with that phone any longer. I went a bought an HTC Inspire 4G from my nearest AT&T store and donated my Captivate to the military.

From now on I vow to only buy HTC Android products.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones