1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support My Intercept gets hot and then doesn't respond

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GAMESHARQ, Jul 2, 2011.

1. GAMESHARQ

GAMESHARQ Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 28, 2010
    Today I was charging my phone as usual, and about halfway through the charging process, I picked it up and it was hot. Then when I tried to use it, it would barely respond. So I took the battery out and let it cool down.

Now, every time I turn it on, it gets hot and has barely any response. It seems that the longer it's on, the hotter it gets, and the less responsive it gets.

I don't know if it's the battery that gets hot or the phone itself. The charging plug also gets hot when charging. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Advertisement

2. Hooligan77

Hooligan77 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    Medium Pimp'N
    I noticed mine got hot while charging as well a few times, but never had an issue with response due to it.

3. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    It sounds like a process is running hard but could even be a bad battery. The main culprit in the phone overheating in my experience is when it's on the edge of a data signal and keeps switching in and out or back and forth between 1g and 3g. Are you in a low signal strength area while charging?

Hooligan77 likes this.
  4. Hooligan77

Hooligan77 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    Medium Pimp'N
    I have had this problem a few times, and makes sense as when it happens, I am at work with very little to no signal. Once in my car it charged fine. Thanks for the heads up! :D