I re-flashed my Captivate last night to start fresh and new. I didn't get a chance to test the GPS till this morning, but when I did I found something interesting. Using the out of the box firmware google maps would not lock on at all. I went into the GPS menus and ran the GPS test. After about a minute..nothing. I then changed to the supl.googl.com address and rebooted. Not sure if that helped, but back into the GPS menus and the test I was able to lock onto 9 satellites after about a minute. I had about 10 metes of accuracy and it was keeping up with my speed pretty well. Now one of the strange issues.. I exited the gps menu and went into Google Maps.. NOTHING. Again took another minute and had my blue dot. It showed about 10m of accuracy most of my trip. I drove about 20 miles and it tracked fairly well, maybe a little behind when crossing roads. Another issue I saw was that my phone's screen went blank. I unlocked it and google maps was still runing. BUT.. i lost my GPS and had to reaquire a signal. This time it took way longer than a minute to lock on. After that I gave up. I'm sure others have experienced this issues or if not can repeat them. Thx.