1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support My internal storage is not accessible, HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by awartany, Apr 3, 2016.

1. awartany

awartany Lurker
    None

Apr 3, 2016
    Male
    1. Manufacturer - (HTC)
    2. Model - (One M8)
    3. Software version - (Android 5.0.1 / HTC Sense 6.0)
    4. Specifics of the problem - (issue with the internal storage)
    5. Phone is rooted

I have this rooted HTC one m8 device, I've factory reset my device few days ago, since then I'm facing the following issues:
    1- when trying to download an HTC security update, it fails with error saying that my storage is in "read only" mode.
    2- all downloads are failing.
    3- some applications updates like "chrome" fails with error 491 "i think"
    4- when browsing my internal storage on the phone it shows nothing, actually it says "NO FILES", same happens when i connect the device to the laptop it shows no files on the laptop.

This is clearly has to do with issues in my internal storage, but i couldn't find a solution.

I need help please, I've been trying the last few days searching and searching for solutions with no luck, anyone can help?

Advertisement

#1 awartany, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

For issue number 1: You're rooted. You shouldn't download official updates when rooted. It breaks the phone. I am not sure with your other problems, but its actually possible that the failed install of the security update is causing the problems. You need to reflash the phone with unrooted stock firmware at this point.

scary alien and mikedt like this.
  3. awartany

awartany Lurker
    None

Apr 3, 2016
    Male
    thanks for your prompt response. yeah i know that i can't do any update on a rooted device, i mentioned the security update issue to indicate the "Read Only Storage mode" case. i'll search for "How to reflash the phone with unrooted stock firmware" unless anyone can help :)

thanks again.