• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

my iphone story

buckeyedroid

Jan 13, 2010
columbus,oh.
hey, first off this is not a bash on android, just my little story.
i have had android since the g1, (late adopter, but i still had it), then
different androids and finally the mytouch 4g. my 17 year old kid has
been on my ass about wanting the new white iphone 4, so i gave in and
took him last night to the att store. believe it or not i had never used an
iphone before, i don't know why, i just never did. WELL, i picked up the
16gb white iphone 4 and i just about died. i fell head over heels in love with this
thing. this is NOT a put down on android, i just feel so stupid i did not look
into this before. well, it ended up we both got 16gb white iphone 4's and
this thing is so smooth and wonderful to work with. i still think android has
some cool things, but for quality and speaker performance and overall
smoothness of the whole operating system it is a work of art.
i must admit i am not a person who wants to "root" or "jailbreak", i am
more of a person that wants it to work and great great customer service with
a high quality product. well, i really enjoyed my time here and i will still "lurk"
around but for the rest of my lifetime i think i will be sticking with apple.
i hope no one takes this as bashing, it just kinda all happened. i am really happy with this product, and i hope all of you keep on rockin the android.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Glad you find a phone you're happy with. Well my story about the iphone is different. Before I even had an android phone I saw the I phone from friends(the original) I was never really blown away by it. At that time and even now. I don't get the big deal with a whole bunch of icon on the screen. Plus back then the original was slow very slow, my flip phone at the time was faster. I think the iphone is a good phone but the whole waiting in line and camping out trust me, it is not that serious and the hype over a white iphone please no phone in the world is that special.Fast forward to the present and still have no desire for that phone. Android is more me, I like choices and the customization it provides and what android offers suits me better.

Upvote 0
Meh, I've ran my Incredible running MIUI (and a full Iphone theme just for lulz) next to my friends Iphone 4 and saw absolutely no difference between the two. Now, I'm not a huge media person on my phone, and I definitely bow to the fact that Apple does own that area of the experience (unless you're like me and can't stand iTunes), so I can definitely see where you're coming from. Like was said above, congrats on finding a new phone, I just like that I have the openness to run something that looks (and feels quite honestly) just like iOS and the freedom to run something that looks absolutely nothing like it. To each their own. There's really no winner in this battle, except the consumer.

Upvote 0
Iphone competing with Android: that's how want to see it. Let them push each other for better products.

However, as the Nokia chief says, it is not about the device, it is about the ecosystem! Preferring Android phone over an iphone, means freedom from iTunes and Apples Marketing Machine, not being ripped-off for buying a phone, having a choice of getting different phones, enjoying a fast growing OS and software, being able to enjoy the products of rooting and multiple ROMs of talented developers.

Upvote 0
Apples is all about the "wow" factor at point of purchase. The point is, you purchase.

My experience is a bit different. I don't have and iPhone but support several in our enterprise as well as several Android phones. The iPhone users constantly moan and grumble about this not working or that, but mostly about really bad call quality and dropped calls. It could be our location, because signal strength is marginal on a good day, but the curious thing is that the Android phone users rarely complain about dropped calls and when I ask if they are experiencing any problems they usually say "no". These are all company phones on AT&T.

I've even stuck in an AT&T MicroCell with only a modicum of success.

Good luck with your iPhone and I hope the bloom doesn't come off the rose too fast for you.

Upvote 0
No one should take it as bashing ....cuz you didnt bash Android with your post.

You just made a choice. Thats all. You made a choice that you feel is right for you. I see no problem with that. I always say, if I wanted the smoothest phone out I would get a WP7 phone. But what I want from a phone goes beyond how smooth it is. So I dont want a WP7 phone.

Reactions: dan330
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones