• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My iPod Touch actually feeling a bit dated and clunky

Vance

Android Enthusiast
Oct 28, 2009
OK, I may be turning all Droid fanboy here, but I still use my iPod Touch for media and games around the house and last night I noticed that, compared to the Droid, it seems . . . boring. Maybe it is Droid's crystal clear screen or the ability to add widgets and customize my screens, but the Touch interface just seems SO 2007. :0)

OK, I may be turning all Droid fanboy here, but I still use my iPod Touch for media and games around the house and last night I noticed that, compared to the Droid, it seems . . . boring. Maybe it is Droid's crystal clear screen or the ability to add widgets and customize my screens, but the Touch interface just seems SO 2007. :0)
you aren't alone on this. i have an ipod touch as well (jailbroken) and while my Droid was recieving some TLC at the verizon store in my local mall i went and sat in front of the apple store to steal there WIFI and pass the time on my touch. you are right not only is it was slower navigating menues but so much slower on the web. the screen is so low res i can't hardly use it on the web anymore because i'm constantly zooming to read text.

Upvote 0
yeah ive been enjoying the all-in-one quality of my droid :)

Now that I have earbuds with an inline remote that works (the iPhone variety I had used with my Touch did not work well), I am almost weaned off my Touch for podcasts out and about. I use Doggcatcher and it doesn't have many of my podcasts in its database, so I would have to manually type in the RSS address and I have not yet had the time to do that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones