• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

my lg g3 STYLUS gas an H on the signal bar, and not LTE or 4g

piff

Nov 29, 2011
well I wanted to buy an lg g3 and was ripped off and bought a lg g3 stylus. So I notice my signal bar says H and not 4g or LTE.

My phone also has dual sim cards.

did I get ripped off double time, as my phone wont be able to pick up the frequencies I need?

Did the seller say it supported 4g/lte? It doesn't. It was released with Android 4.4 (Kitkat) and I'm not sure it was ever updated past Lollipop.

the seller didnt know much or maybe he played dumb. I was surprised when I went to go look for a case and it I needed the stylus one. After research I found that its a slower lg g3....

so its true? I will lose coverage area if I use this phone?

I mean, its a phone and its very important that I dont get caught out there with my pants down in a situation where there is no H signal

Upvote 0
It depends on how ATT's 3G and 4G coverage compare where you are whether you will have any reception problems. 2G also works fine for telephony, if frustrating for data.

(If I were pedantic I'd note that LTE is a GSM technology, which is why Verizon and Sprint phones have had SIM cards since they added 4G to their networks. But it's a different air interface, and as the phone hasn't got the hardware it won't connect regardless of the technicalities).

Upvote 0
well I wanted to buy an lg g3 and was ripped off and bought a lg g3 stylus. So I notice my signal bar says H and not 4g or LTE.

My phone also has dual sim cards.

did I get ripped off double time, as my phone wont be able to pick up the frequencies I need?

If the phone is dual-SIM, that tells me this phone was NOT intended for sale and use in the United States with AT&T. Basically it doesn't have the North American 4G LTE bands and modes. Dual-SIM devices are usually meant for sale and use in Asia, like China, Malaysia, Singapore, India, Pakistan, etc. In Asia, phones are never carrier locked and subsidized.

If you got ripped off or not, I don't know, was it described as a United States version LG? It's definitely a grey import though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones