• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My LG stylo 3 sometimes it don't ring

cyberapps

Mar 7, 2012
I have a cricket phone M430 Lg stylo 3 does anyone know why it sometimes it don't ring? This happen to me last night and tonight I want to find the cause of it. I know how to fix it all I have to do is turn off the phone and back on again but that is now what I am looking for I want to know what it is causing it does anyone knows. I try google is to why my phone don't ring and there was not help of what the causing it not to ring Today on 7/10/2017 been ringing just fine until about 8:30 tonight when I got a phone call from my dad no ringing just that my screen display a incoming phone call . I also talk to LG and cricket were they helpful no way. what my phone don't ring it won't play any of the ringtones but it will play all of the other sounds fine. This is the 2nd phone I got from cricket.

Is this a new thing with android 7.0 with LG. I can't find the firmware update on my phone or system updated that what lg wanted me to find and there is not one. all I see is a software update and it say my phone is up to date and that is not true cause there is 7.1 out and 7.1.1 as well.

does anyone know what the cause of the phone not ringing sometimes and know how to fix it other then restarting the darn phone ever time it don't ring.

I know how to troubleshoot all phones this one got me and it starting to pee me off.

I have a cricket phone M430 Lg stylo 3 does anyone know why it sometimes it don't ring? This happen to me last night and tonight I want to find the cause of it. I know how to fix it all I have to do is turn off the phone and back on again but that is now what I am looking for I want to know what it is causing it does anyone knows. I try google is to why my phone don't ring and there was not help of what the causing it not to ring Today on 7/10/2017 been ringing just fine until about 8:30 tonight when I got a phone call from my dad no ringing just that my screen display a incoming phone call . I also talk to LG and cricket were they helpful no way. what my phone don't ring it won't play any of the ringtones but it will play all of the other sounds fine. This is the 2nd phone I got from cricket.

Is this a new thing with android 7.0 with LG. I can't find the firmware update on my phone or system updated that what lg wanted me to find and there is not one. all I see is a software update and it say my phone is up to date and that is not true cause there is 7.1 out and 7.1.1 as well.

does anyone know what the cause of the phone not ringing sometimes and know how to fix it other then restarting the darn phone ever time it don't ring.

I know how to troubleshoot all phones this one got me and it starting to pee me off.

You're right about the Nougat 7.1 and 7.1.1 updates. They are available, BUT the phones that are updated first are usually the high end Google branded phones (like the Pixel and Nexus models). For all other phones, it's up to the manufacturers and carriers to issue the system updates released by Google. This often can take months to occur, as every manufacturer and carrier adds their own software on top of the updates. Ah, one of the huge gripes of using Android. No wonder people like to root their phones, and try to create custom ROMS (or at least strip the stock ROMS of unused apps)... *sigh*

About the phone ring issue... that's news to me. Are you sure you don't have something like the Do Not Disturb feature blocking phone calls from coming in? You might have that turned on, and set it incorrectly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones