1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

"my location" incorrect

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    I have a Nexus 4, using KitKat 4.4.2, here in Jerusalem, Israel. For some strange reason, about a month ago, Google maps on my phone insists on giving me directions from the North Face store in Tel Aviv, rather than my actual location. Even stranger, the blue dot/triangle showing my location is correct. However, when I tell the app to give me directions from "my location", despite that the blue triange is correct, all directions are given from this location in Tel Aviv.

When I reverted to the factory installed version of the app, the problem went away. But when I updated the app, the problem returned. What can I do (beside staying with the original version of the app)?

Evan

Advertisement

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert
    None

Jan 11, 2013
    Always start your journeys from the North Face store :vroam:

That's really bizarre :eek:

I assume you've check your location settings - my phone's set to high accuracy - and tapping the 'from' value and manually selecting My Location.

Might be worth using the feedback option, see if anyone at google can come up with a suggestion.

The only alternative I can see would be to back everything up and try a factory reset :(