1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support My lock screen no longer works!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GnatGoSplat, Nov 1, 2013.

1. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    My lock screen no longer works. I didn't install anything new or change any settings, it just decided to quit working. If the phone is on and I press power, it just turns the screen off. If the phone is off and I press power, it just wakes back to the home screen. I don't see any trace of the lock screen at all. I've confirmed it's still enabled. I tried changing it to a different style (pattern instead of swipe), that didn't fix it. I have obviously tried rebooting the phone which didn't fix it. I tried booting into Safe Mode. It doesn't work in that mode either.

This is actually the 2nd time this has happened since I've owned the phone. The first time, I couldn't figure out how to fix it so I did a factory reset and that fixed it. I would REEEEEALLY like to avoid having to do a factory reset.

Advertisement

2. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Am I the only one that ever had this problem?
    Got sick of not having the lock screen so I broke down and did another factory reset to fix it, so this is fixed now, but it was a huge PITA setting everything back up.
    Sure would be nice if there were a solution to this problem I could try next time it happens.

Tags: