• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My main concern with verizon to kill..

I would love to see where you are getting your information about Verizon doing away with one year contracts.

Verizon Changing Upgrade Policy, Say Bye Bye to 1-year Upgrades - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

According to new Verizon training slides, the 1-year upgrade option that many of us have enjoyed for years is going away starting January 16th. Customers on 2-year contracts will now have to wait until the 20th month of their deal to even begin to think about upgrading. Talk about depressing. We live in a time when phones become almost obsolete just months after they are released and having to wait at least 20 months for the option to upgrade is a giant step in the wrong direction. It should be noted that 1-year contracts are not affected, so that becomes option number 1 for those of us addicted to new technology. When your current contract is up, you might want to consider going with a 1 year plan and forking out the extra $50-100 on the phone or you’ll be stuck for 2 years. [Insert sad face]
The good news is, we’ll be at CES all week and will have plenty of opportunities to drill VZW reps on this subject.

Upvote 0
Did you even bother reading that?
"It should be noted that 1-year contracts are not affected, so that becomes option number 1 for those of us addicted to new technology."

All this is saying is that people on 2 year contracts will no longer be able to do an annual upgrade like they were previously allowed to do. All you have to do is switch to a one year contract and pay a little more for your phone up front and you can continue to upgrade every 10 months.

Upvote 0
Did you even bother reading that?
"It should be noted that 1-year contracts are not affected, so that becomes option number 1 for those of us addicted to new technology."

All this is saying is that people on 2 year contracts will no longer be able to do an annual upgrade like they were previously allowed to do. All you have to do is switch to a one year contract and pay a little more for your phone up front and you can continue to upgrade every 10 months.

Ahh shit sorry i just re-read the OP, i thought we were talking about the NE2 and the $100 rebate

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones