1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support My Milestone from Telus randomly starts playing music - help please?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tearose11, Mar 13, 2011.

1. tearose11

tearose11 Lurker
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    Toronto
    Hi everyone,

I have a Milestone from Telus which just recently started playing mucis randomly.

Sometimes it starts up when I am trying to make a call, or in the middle of a call.

Sometimes it just starts up on its on even I haven't touched the phone for anything.

Its the built-in Music app - it also doesn't seem to have any sound, but the app comes on and wouldn't turn off even after I close it.

I have updated the software from Motorola for Telus hoping that's all it needed but it isn't helping.

I don't understand all this technical rooting and other terms all you knowledable people throw around so I am at a loss how to solve the problem?

Any ideas? Does anyone else have the same issue? I can take it into TElus but I was hoping to avoid that hassle. Not to mention the thought of having to live with a different phone for weeks isn't appealing.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. ellianth

ellianth Member
    None

Dec 25, 2010
    Student/Banking/Secret
    Brampton, Ontario, Canada
    I had this problem right after the 2.1 update. If the music starts playing, open the music player, press play (it should say that it's not playing anything, press play anyway) then press the stop button. That should stop it.

What I did to make it stop playing music randomly was go into the application manager (where you go to remove applications) and clear the cache on the music player. After doing that it stopped randomly playing music.

I hope that helps. Good luck :)