• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root my moto droid won't shut off!! HELP!!

so i was trying to use cyanogen. i guess i forgot to clear caches and im stuck on the startup screen. i cant do anything to it. any help??

Not sure exactly how you installed this and where it went wrong (if it did)...but try pulling your battery and then reinserting it and then power on again. That could work to get you past the start up screen but if not...

Pull your battery again. Immediately when turning your phone on hold the 'x' key and you should boot into Clockwork Recovery. From there, you may want to reflash the ROM.

Upvote 0
When pulling the battery, it may also help to leave it out for longer than one minute (yes, 1 full minute - not 35 seconds....)

Good point John.

One more thing to be aware of is if you put the battery back in with the USB cord attached it immediately boots up. Something to be aware of if you happen to be connected to your PC at the time. I usually dcon the USB cord or hold down 'x' while putting the battery in. Since I'm not the most dexterous person I tend to go the easy way and dcon the cable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones