1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support My Motorola 3rd gen can only recognize SIM cards with certain back design?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Guudoo, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Guudoo

Guudoo Guest
    None
    [​IMG]

Hi All,

I just got a new mobile plan and I tried putting in the SIM card, but the phone wouldn't recognize it. I found that strange, since my previous SIM card from a different provider worked fine.

I tried a few different SIM cards and I came to the conclusion that my Motorola Moto G only accepts sim cards that have an oval ship on the back of the sim card (see picture). Do you any of you guys know what this is called so I can ask my provider for this kind of sim card? Or is there a way to make my phone read the other SIM cards too?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    The scratch marks and where they stop, does seem to indicate that the SIM holder contacts are in about right places for them, so shouldn't be any problem that I can see there. The actual shape of the central contact is down to whomever manufactured the SIMs, I don't think most carriers actually manufacture their own SIMs, they're made for them. There are set international specifications for this, GSM Association, which they must comply with. The centre pad is the ground connection AFAIK.

#2 mikedt, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016