• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root my Motorola Triumph is roaming?

My motorola triumph has been doing this weird thing where the carrier name changes to "Digital Roam" it also has a blinking triangle between the signal icon and the wifi/3g icon. Is this normal? Just wanted to post this in case we could do anything. with it!

no thats not normal at all... :thinking: it shouldnt be doing that. what rom/theme are you running? try reflashing it. or restoring a nandroid backup.

also, does it affect anything? is your signal prohibited by this...

Upvote 0
Actually my signal has gone up a bar. I am running the latest version of CM7. I'm really hoping maybe we could use this to roam! I have several screenshots but I'm on my Motorola triumph and it wont let me post it

What part of the DFW area are you in? Are you directly in Dallas? I always get at least 3 signal bars where I'm at. I've never experienced the roaming issue you're talking about.

Upvote 0
My motorola triumph has been doing this weird thing where the carrier name changes to "Digital Roam" it also has a blinking triangle between the signal icon and the wifi/3g icon. Is this normal? Just wanted to post this in case we could do anything. with it!

I'm pretty sure that we can't roam. When the power was out around me and the Sprint tower near me was out, I was getting the similar type of message but no signal. Somebody who was on Sprint who obviously could roam was able to get a roaming signal and worked fine.

Upvote 0
Actually my signal has gone up a bar. I am running the latest version of CM7. I'm really hoping maybe we could use this to roam! I have several screenshots but I'm on my Motorola triumph and it wont let me post it

try to post a screen pic or a photo from a camera

EDIT: are you trying to post from the phandroid app or pc?

Upvote 0
mail

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones