1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My music is no longer recognized by apps or system..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zoso59brst, Aug 16, 2012.

1. zoso59brst

zoso59brst Lurker

Hi,

So I went to set my alarm last night and realized that my entire music collection is no longer available in any apps or system functions. I am running Liquid, and thus far have had no real issues. I was playing music as normal earlier in the day and the only thing I had done since was a full battery drain & charge, followed by battery calibration, as I had not done so since flashing the new rom.

If I go in to any music app there are no songs available, nor can I select a music folder in any related app. However, if I navigate to my music folders via es explorer the files are there, and playable through the apps that can't see them.

I have rebooted, powered down and pulled the SD card, and uninstalled and reinstalled my main music player, Player Pro.

I am officially out of ideas, so any assistance or ideas are very much appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT : just realized that my custom notification sounds have all vanished as well. All that remains are stocks sounds and ringtones.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. zoso59brst

zoso59brst Lurker

Ok so apparently the last update of rom manager did this by dropping a .nomedia file on the SD card. It was supposed to have been fixed with a subsequent update but for me it did not work. I have emailed rom manager for support and will post the reply in case anyone else is having this issue.

3. zoso59brst

zoso59brst Lurker

Ok, .nomedia file was present but hidden in es explorer. Show hidden files, find and delete ".nomedia" file on SD root, reboot phone, and back to normal.

4. Nitrohog

Nitrohog Lurker

I had the same exact issue. Thanks for the help and for keeping me from pulling my hair out.

5. zoso59brst

zoso59brst Lurker

No prob. FYI, no reply from rom manager... had to piece this together with help from Reddit.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews