• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Mytouch 3G Phone

Raging

Dec 10, 2008
Just got a Mytouch 3G. Here are some pics with the packaging :)

20090622111622.jpg

20090622105508.jpg

20090622110013.jpg

20090622110026.jpg

20090622110036.jpg

20090622110100.jpg

20090622110157.jpg

20090622110207.jpg

20090622111546.jpg

20090622111558.jpg

The phone is pretty cool, there is no camera button so you have to hold the camera button that is on the screen. The trackball glows when someone calls, which is another cool feature. It comes with a earphones and a package of replacement pads for the earphones.

The charger is pretty slick too, it requires you to plug the USB cable into the charger, so it is pretty portable. The phone is slick, unlike the old one, it does not feel like a piece of plastic. Unlike the previous phone, the battery is easier to take out, you just push and slide the back off.

So far the phone is awesome. Good replacement for the G1.

Its a bit more smooth, but it could be because I'm not running as much apps as I was with the G1. The MyTouch definitely loads much faster than the G1. My G1 loads up in about a minute and the MyTouch loads up around 30 seconds.

No keyboard is a bit of a problem, especially the auto-correction, when it corrects me on 'lol' and smiley faces. Although you can turn that off. The on screen keyboard is about the same as the G1, it cant catch up to your typing if you type too fast, unlike the iphone which is much smoother. Another problem is that the Mytouch does not have a camera button, so you have to resort to the on screen button. Pain in the ass.

But, so far the phone is really nice, I like the look of it, there are some problems but it is not major problems. I would prefer a keyboard, but i'll live :)

Upvote 0
I got to play with one of these at the T-Mobile store in Tempe, AZ at Scottsdale road and the loop 202. It was SEXY! Much lighter than the G1, much thinner too. It "felt" the same speed as the G1, however I didn't get to use it long. Not sure if I can live with on screen keyboard but I imagine I could adapt no matter what.

I'm thinking I might wait until August for this phone. It was nice.

Upvote 0
I got to play with one of these at the T-Mobile store in Tempe, AZ at Scottsdale road and the loop 202. It was SEXY! Much lighter than the G1, much thinner too. It "felt" the same speed as the G1, however I didn't get to use it long. Not sure if I can live with on screen keyboard but I imagine I could adapt no matter what.

I'm thinking I might wait until August for this phone. It was nice.

Does that store have them for demo or for sale?

OR how did u get to play with it? One of the clerks have it?

I live in Chandler and will go up there and check it out tomorrow if that's the case.

Upvote 0
Yeah, most stores have a demo version available in all three colors. Some clerks may already own, because each market gave 25 to each HTC ambassador.

Also, I have found something interesting on the MyTouch, if you look closely at where the LED is, there are actually 2 of them instead of one, like on the G1. The left LED doesn't seem to serve any purpose yet.

Upvote 0
does the mytouch have the connect the dot screen lock like the G1?

Yes. It's the exact same operating system as the G1, so EVERYTHING is the same, as far as the Operating System.

It does come with two additional apps, visual voicemail and exchange support (called, I believe, work mail)

Eveything the G1 has, the myTouch has, except the physical keyboard.

Upvote 0
Its a bit more smooth, but it could be because I'm not running as much apps as I was with the G1. The MyTouch definitely loads much faster than the G1. My G1 loads up in about a minute and the MyTouch loads up around 30 seconds.

No keyboard is a bit of a problem, especially the auto-correction, when it corrects me on 'lol' and smiley faces. Although you can turn that off. The on screen keyboard is about the same as the G1, it cant catch up to your typing if you type too fast, unlike the iphone which is much smoother. Another problem is that the Mytouch does not have a camera button, so you have to resort to the on screen button. Pain in the ass.

But, so far the phone is really nice, I like the look of it, there are some problems but it is not major problems. I would prefer a keyboard, but i'll live :)

I had an iphone, and a G1, and was gonna sell both to get this phone, when I saw that it has no keyboard. now i will not buy it. cant believe they ruined the phone like this. typing on a screen is absolute crap. worst idea ever

Upvote 0
I had an iphone, and a G1, and was gonna sell both to get this phone, when I saw that it has no keyboard. now i will not buy it. cant believe they ruined the phone like this. typing on a screen is absolute crap. worst idea ever

Then just get the G1... the mytouch is just a thinner lighter virtual keyboard g1. Specs are the same aside from 256MB more storage space if I recall correctly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones