1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

my MyTouch waaaay too slow in comparison.. ideas?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by mscroggi, Jan 17, 2010.

1. mscroggi

mscroggi Member

Aug 17, 2009
    I was in a store yesterday where I was able to play with a Moto droid. I was FLOORED at how much snappier and slick than my TMO Mytouch 3G.. I could easily get menus and screens flying around so fast, I had to pause from time to time to take in what I was looking at...

I know the Droid has a different CPU, but the mhz is close to what the myTouch has.. Is the huge speed difference because the Droid is running 2.0?

I dont run a lot of resident apps or widgets on my phone.. I have tried the different desktops, and settled on the dxTop because of its relative speed.. Any ideas?

I am so bummed about my myTouch!..

Advertisement

2. sensesfail99

sensesfail99 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    SLC, UT
    really?!?!? i think the mytouch is a lot nicer looking phone. The moto droid looks like a hunk of garbage.

3. webdave

webdave Active Member

The speed increase is caused by 2 factors, the newer processor in the Droid and Android 2.0. You will see a speed increase when you load Android 2.0 but it will still be slower than the Droid/Nexus due to the CPU.

4. mscroggi

mscroggi Member

Aug 17, 2009
    I agree the myTouch looks slicker than the droid. but looks is absolutely secondary to functionality. That Droid kicked my myTouch's ass.. I am hopeful Android 2.x will help the performance..

5. mscroggi

mscroggi Member

Aug 17, 2009
    I was so annoyed with the sluggish performance, I researched a little and rooted my phone. (gotta love youtube!)

I loaded the hero rom, and got the same snappy performance I was seeing on the Moto Droid. awesome.. It proves the sluggishness is due to the software.

I didnt like the fact it was based on 1.5 so I loaded cyanogen 4.2.13..

AWESOME!.. so fast, slick... I am loving this!

CyanogenMod Wiki