1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My N10 lost all my files and apps.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MKeditor, Oct 17, 2014.

1. MKeditor

MKeditor Well-Known Member

A couple of days ago I turned on my N10 and everything was gone: Files, apps, settings, etc. Almost like a a factory reset. I'm not pleased. I'm looking at the Samsung S. 10.5.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tanware

tanware Android Enthusiast

Sorry to hear that. It does sound like a FDR was performed. This is rare with an OTA but can happen, had you updated or been refusing an update that snuck in?

Other question is are/were you rooted? the reason is there could have been a rooted app that could cause this where as an unrooted system would not allow an app to get that far. Hopefully this is just a fluke, fortunately it does not seem to be a wide spread problem, of course this is of little, to no, consolation for the OP.

3. MKeditor

Thanks for the reply. It's not rooted. I never refuse updates. I suppose one could have hung up. But if that was the case, it was long ago.

4. tanware

tanware Android Enthusiast

Hate to suspect this but does someone not like you that could have got ahold of the device? A little knowledge can go a long way towards cleaning out a device. Many moons ago (like 20 years ago) my now X's boyfriend sabotaged a PC of mine.

5. MKeditor

Nope. Locked in my office. It did freeze up every once in a great while. When it did, I couldn't turn it off. I just had to wait it out. It usually happened when out on business. I suspect it had something to do with wi-fi.