• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help my.name at aol dot com

I have a Motorola Moto X with an email program built in.. My smtp setting for sending mail via aol are correct. But every message I send just goes into an outbox and stays there.. over 90 0f them at latest count. I rely on email for my business when I'm out and about and use my phone to reply or contact people. I do have two accounts in email: an earthlink and an aol account. Same as I have on my desktop computer but now the aol one is my primary.

You say that the smtp setting is correct, but what is it set to? It should be smtp.aol.com with the port set to 587 (and not the default smtp port 25.)

If you go on aol's help site, they recommend removing and adding the account again - they say that almost always fixes problems. So, I'd try that if the outgoing server settings are right. They also suggest trying the aol app itself for email.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones