• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My name's Eric and I have a flip phone...

Greetings everyone. I came across this forum through a Google search and decided to check out what you all have to say. I am a long time Verizon customer but have been living in the "voice only" world of cell phones for the past year while deciding what my next foray into the smart phone world was going to be.

I have decided it is time to move back into the smart phone realm and have been reading up on the Motorola Droid X, the HTC Droid Incredible, and the Motorola Droid 2. People seem passionate about their particular favorit on this site and I appreciate the enthusiasm.

I am looking for advice on what I should look for or why one of these devices may be better for one application over another. My needs are going to be fairly basic to begin with; e-mail, web browsing, web site testing (how do sites look on a smart phone), and, lest we forget why we get a phone...to make phone calls.

I'm open to recommendations and constructive comments. Thanks in advance and I look forward to posting my selection in the next week or so.

Eric

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones