1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

my needs are simple, everything is too complex

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jacknightingal, May 1, 2012.

1. jacknightingal

hi all

i searched and searched but.

i want to browse my itunes lib around the house over wifi.

i dont want to watch videos or down load artwork
    i dont want to sync my library or download into the phone
    i dont want to shop with itunes

i just want to play the files which are in my mac desktop connected to my lan network on my htc desire..

is there an app??

thanks in advance

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Hi Jacknightingal, and welcome to AF :)

I think this question isn't specific to the handset, so you might get a better chance of an answer if we move it to the Android Applications forum, where a broader range of people will read it.

I don't know of an app to do this, but maybe somebody will have a solution?

Unforgiven likes this.
  3. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Android Enthusiast

Hmm... If you've bought into iTunes and Mac OS then I'd wonder why you've not gone for an iPhone? It all syncs-up and they talk to each other really well (or so I hear).

I'd search for DLNA apps if I were you. You can use DLNA to access media over-WiFi and I'd imagine there's a reasonable number of apps and server software you can try-out. You'll probably have to go through hoops to get your media DLNAing out of iTunes, though.

4. CDPlant

CDPlant Android Expert

Would something like Skifta be of any use?

5. RyanB

RyanB Guest

OP, if you're home when you do this, there's always the option of using remote access software over Wi-Fi to remotely control your PC. Also, I believe the app called Doubletwist attempts to be an iTunes clone. If you get that working, it may function for what you want.