1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General My network is stated as Samsung

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by peco1015, Dec 16, 2014.

1. peco1015

peco1015 Lurker
    None

Dec 16, 2014
    I had my S3 repaired by Samsung in Oct of 2013 and when I got it back it worked fine other than the start up screen was no longer Boost, but had the Samsung logo. When the 4.4.2 update came out I tried to update my phone manually but kept getting denied. I called and asked Samsung about the issue and while troubleshooting, I discovered that my network was no longer Boost, but Samsung. This is in Settings>more>about device>status. I would like to know if there is any way to change it back to Boost. I can call, text, get on the internet without a problem. but I cannot update my PRL or profile, it states there is a session in progress.

Can anyone help out there? I saw a webpage that said something about an app in the Play Store, from Samsung, that would rectify the situation but I cannot find it again.

Advertisement

funkylogik likes this.
  2. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert
    None

Feb 9, 2012
    Male
    a/c and heating
    New Orleans
    That app is called refresh customization. But it only works on KitKat.

funkylogik likes this.
  3. mydian

mydian Android Expert

Apr 8, 2012
    Male
    2-Way Radio Repair Technician
    Chicagoland
    It will also completely reset your phone so make sure to do a backup of anything important first!

I had this same issue when I updated to Kit Kat and the app fixed my phone right up. I just wish it would have warned me about the factory reset.