1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General My new phones were just delivered. Couple questions?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kpereyra, May 4, 2010.

1. kpereyra

kpereyra Member

Apr 8, 2010
    So I ordered two new Droid Incs from Amazon last week and they were just delivered. The phones came with new phone numbers from Verizon. My wife and I are switching from TMobile and want to port our numbers. Do I just need to call a CSR and ask her to port them? Can I activate the existing numbers first? If so, can I use the new numbers for a while before porting my numbers from TMobile. I live in a poor coverage area and the only way I get service at home from TMobile is through UMA on my BB and my wifi router. I want to make sure we get adequate coverage with these phones before making the final cutover.

Advertisement

2. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2010
    atl ga usa
    Yup I would make a call and have them take you through the process.

Although activation can be done by dialing *228 then following the prompts I would rather talk to a human even though it might take some time. GL and welcome to VZW and the Inc!

kpereyra likes this.
  3. elrabin

elrabin Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    I did the same thing.

I left my existing ATT number alone for a few days while i tested out the new number on my Droid Incredible.

Once i was satisfied with the phone and with service, i called VZW and they ported the number over in about 20 minutes :)

kpereyra likes this.