1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

my new project-Aquarium keeping part 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ocnbrze, May 6, 2020.

1. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Pictures please.

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

hit the spoiler to see them

MrJavi likes this.
  3. ocnbrze

just got the stand over the weekend. here are the pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

as you can see it is a pretty tight spot. so the next purchase are going to be the lights. the reason being is that the lights will need to be installed from the ceiling. it will be a lot easier to do with no tank being in the way.

so i'm looking on light options. i'll keep y'all posted on what i end up doing.

MrJavi likes this.
  4. ocnbrze

ok so the next step for the stand is to get some acrylic sheets cut for the bottom where the sump will be and also for the top. also i will be putting down a foam mat made to be put on top of the stand for tanks. the foam will help to keep the tank level and evening out the stress load from the tank to the stand.

.....probably will be doing that in the next few weeks.

MrJavi likes this.
  5. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Tank of death lol. Funny but not :( Threate your fish "you either procreat or you'll wind up inr the tank of death" JK.

Come on @ocnbrze my friend lets call it the tank of acquired knowledge :)

Dont give up after 3 strikes, I have to say II find your posts inspiring. In fact, I've learned 99% of everthing I know about fish tanks from you and I thank you for that.

PS: How your mom's arm and is you hand all healed?

#130 MrJavi, Sep 16, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    ocnbrze likes this.
  6. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

"Just got the stand over the weekend.. "

Is that a tesseract?

MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.
  7. ocnbrze

LOL have not given up. that tank is doing good. right now though the male star sapphires are turning harder to get then i thought. might go a different route.....but we will see.

right now the focus is the reef tank i am building.

MrJavi likes this.
  8. ocnbrze

ordered and just recieved the yoyo suspension kits

thinking about using the curtain rail that is in the video.

still contemplating on what lights to use.

MrJavi likes this.
  9. ocnbrze

that was something i was looking into, but i want the tank to be as clean as possible. i want very little things attached to the tank as possible. the yoyo suspension will provide a very clean look as it will hang from the ceiling and i can raise or lower the lights as i want. it will also allow me to raise a light that will be above the mangrove trees as they grow.

MrJavi likes this.
  10. ocnbrze

ok so i just purchased the ceiling track from ikea as shown in a previous youtube video i posted earlier. they will arrive in mid october. i have the yo yo light mounts. tomorrow, saturday, i will get some acrylic sheets that i will silicone to the top of the stand and then will place the leveling mats i purchased from marinedepot.com.

https://www.marinedepot.com/innovat...dget-self-leveling-aquarium-mat-36-in-x-24-in

the acrylic sheet will go on top of the stand as well as on the bottom of the stand. it will look super cool and keep everything level and in place. i'll post pics when i'm finished with it.

MrJavi likes this.
  11. ocnbrze

ok so now the stand is finally complete!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

next up is the mounting of the lights. i might order another ceailing rack so that i can double up.....that is if i decide to go with two lights for better coverage.

MrJavi likes this.