• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My next phone, EVO LTE or EVO 3D?

jivenene

Aug 30, 2011
Who can suggest a new phone for me since I put my trusty EVO 4G in the washing machine?

I like HTC, great balance of features, quality and price. I think I narrowed it down to the EVO LTE and the EVO 3D. Looks like the LTE has a better screen and faster processor. All I really need is:

- CDMA phone
- Front facing camera
- enough horsepower to be non-laggy
- good camera

Any other suggestions for me out there? What is the price diff between the 3D and LTE as far as eBay prices go?

Thanks!

WThe camera on the LTEvo is absolutely amazing.

Specs on it are all around better, and the phone just came out a few months ago so you'd be on the latest and greatest htc has to offer.

The LTEvo will be getting jelly bean, and the 3d almost guaranteed will not.

If you aren't due for an upgrade, the 3d is going to be much cheaper.

You could probably pick an og evo off of Craiglist or ebay for $50

Upvote 0
WThe camera on the LTEvo is absolutely amazing.

Specs on it are all around better, and the phone just came out a few months ago so you'd be on the latest and greatest htc has to offer.

The LTEvo will be getting jelly bean, and the 3d almost guaranteed will not.

If you aren't due for an upgrade, the 3d is going to be much cheaper.

You could probably pick an og evo off of Craiglist or ebay for $50

I haven't messed with Evo lte but I've watched many many video reviews on it, and being a 3vo owner myself. I would definitely go for the lte.

As far as my experiences with the 3vo goes, not that great. I'm currently on my 4th Evo. First 1 faulty digitizer, 2nd faulty headphone jack, 3rd never would establish a 3g connection only 1xrtt, and current one sound every once in a while goes out.

Get the lte! Lol

Btw evo 3D may not get stock jb but who's to say there won't be a wonderful dev that won't help us out with a jb ROM ;)

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2

Upvote 0
Neither. I've had it with Sprint, and right now, just waiting for the iPhone 5 to compare it to Samsung Galaxy S3. I really liked the HTC Evo LTE but it's with Sprint and with how slow my 3G service is, no 4G in my area. If the HTC One series has an expandable memory like the Evo LTE, I would have switch already, but since there is no expandable memory and non-replaceable battery, my only 2 choice would be the GS3 or the iP5. Once the iP5 comes out, I'm leaving Sprint for good.... [rant off]

Upvote 0
I haven't messed with Evo lte but I've watched many many video reviews on it, and being a 3vo owner myself. I would definitely go for the lte.

As far as my experiences with the 3vo goes, not that great. I'm currently on my 4th Evo. First 1 faulty digitizer, 2nd faulty headphone jack, 3rd never would establish a 3g connection only 1xrtt, and current one sound every once in a while goes out.

Get the lte! Lol

Btw evo 3D may not get stock jb but who's to say there won't be a wonderful dev that won't help us out with a jb ROM ;)

That's true but there isn't a good enough reason not to root, minus voiding your warranty and watermarking it ;)

Upvote 0
Actually cost is a big factor, so I am still leaning towards the EVO 3D. I did a search on phone arena, and searched for CDMA (need for cheap service $50/mo unlimited android), front camera (for skype), dual core processor, and the list was pretty small. Did not include motorola, only samsung, htc, and LG.

my top value choices then were Galaxy S II (Epic 4G Touch), EVO 3D, Galaxy Nexus S, HTC Rezound. A few LG phones too but their specs were not as good (front camera, screen resolution).

Anyway, if anyone can convince me otherwise, I'm going with the 3D for now.

Upvote 0
Actually cost is a big factor, so I am still leaning towards the EVO 3D. I did a search on phone arena, and searched for CDMA (need for cheap service $50/mo unlimited android), front camera (for skype), dual core processor, and the list was pretty small. Did not include motorola, only samsung, htc, and LG.

my top value choices then were Galaxy S II (Epic 4G Touch), EVO 3D, Galaxy Nexus S, HTC Rezound. A few LG phones too but their specs were not as good (front camera, screen resolution).

Anyway, if anyone can convince me otherwise, I'm going with the 3D for now.

Just pulled the trigger on a EVO 3D. seems like an awesome phone for $125 range. The Galaxy SII were going for $200 range and Nexus S in the $250 range. Of course if money was no object, would have sprung for the Nexus S. Now I have to wait for it in the mail!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones