1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General My Nexus 5 won't sleep

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sean76, Jan 10, 2014.

1. sean76

sean76 Android Expert
    None

May 5, 2010
    THE BOSS
    NYC
    I'm having an issue where my phone will not sleep unless I push the power button and shut it manually? If I restart the phone it sleeps and phases out after whatever I set it to whether it be 15 seconds, 1 minute, etc. However after a few hours it resorts to not going into sleep on its on? And I realized its killing my battery on certain occasions....If I get a call or a text message and I'm not near my phone the screen stays on? This is not good! I have nothing enabled that keeps my phone on either, daydream is off and the phone is set to sleep after 1 minute.

Advertisement

2. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    Assuming you mean that the screen isn't turning off (instead of not sleeping), check developer options to see if you have enabled stay awake (I know that is only supposed to kick in when charging, but check it anyway)

It must be some app that is forcing the screen to stay awake - are you rooted?
    Try BetterBatteryStats app - that may help determine full wakelocks

Some folks are reporting that this app may help to determine the app causing full screen wakelock - I haven't had to use it yet.

Tags: