1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My Nexus 7 2012 Kit Kat 4.4 does not have Developer tools

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Android Question

Hi ,

I have bought the older version of Nexus 2012 and upgraded the software to Kit Kat 4.4. In order to enable the tablet to read my Pendrive , i wanted to root the device, using the directions given in you tube videio. Now one of the requirements for rooting the device is that i must enable USB debugging on my nexus 2012 , which falls under settings.

I don't have the developers tools option showing up under Setting in my tablet. What should i do to get these tools on to my tablet.

Is there any way i can enable reading my pendrive without rooting the device.

I am no Andriod expert ,hence my knowledge on this is very minimal.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Go into Settings, About Phone, and find the Build Number (if it's not immediately visible under About Phone, go into the Software information. On my HTC One it's Settings > About > Software > More > Build Number, but I think it may be less buried on a Nexus).

Tap repeatedly on the build number. After a few taps it will start to count down, and eventually it will announce "Congratulations, you are now a developer" or something like that. Then you will have a Developer Options section in your settings, and can enable USB Debugging from there.

Somebody in Google probably thinks this is all terribly clever and amusing. They are wrong.