• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Nexus 7 is dead and won't charge.

A

Android Question

A week ago my Nexus wasn't charging unless you hold the plug down so what I did to fix that was to put some weight on the plug so that it would work which it did. Everyday though you'd have to hold the plug down even more. Yesterday I couldn't charge it at ALL so I had to backup all my photos on my gmail account. But now my Nexus is dead. I've tried to use different plugs but they won't work either. So I don't know what to do...

It sounds like the charging socket has failed (assuming the "plug" referred to the bit where the charger connected to the device). That's the simplest explanation if different cables and different chargers show the same (lack of) result.

In which case getting it repaired or finding a replacement are your only options.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones