1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support My Note 2 Just Died...or something. Help! :-(

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ODog2323, Feb 8, 2013.

1. ODog2323

ODog2323 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 20, 2010
    NJ, USA
    I just went to pick my phone up off table...pushed the home button to wake it up...nothing. Pow button...nothing. Pulled and replaced the battery. Plugged it into AC power...nada. I h. sent a text a few minutes prior, and hadn't done anything else with the phone for a bit. Totally normal use all day. What the hell? :-( My battery was at 70-something percent. Anyone ever have this happen and find a way out? This is the international N7100 model btw.

I am rooted, but on a stock ROM...nothing fancy. I haven't made any root related tweaks or changes in a couple weeks.

Thoughts? Help??

Update...when pressing the power button for a few seconds I can see a red light flash in the ambient light/proximity sensor (not sure which is which) to the right of the speaker grill

Advertisement

2. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert
    None

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    Have you put it on the charger and try to charge for an hour or 2? Did you flash a custom recovery or make any sort of backup? Maybe something got corrupted with the stock, rooted rom.

3. ODog2323

ODog2323 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 20, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Yea, I left it on the charger for a good while. I've read about a few similar cases around the web. Haven't seen anything about possible solutions though. Not encouraged :-(