1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips My Note 3 SN-9005 Experience

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by firefoxegy, Jan 18, 2014.

1. firefoxegy

firefoxegy Lurker
    None

Jan 18, 2014
    I have been using the note 3 4G since 3 weeks now and everything works smoothly apart from the lag that present in different situations and I can conclude those situations right now :) to share it with you guys so we can have the best experience out of this device.

The apps that has been lagging for me yet are:
    1- Facebook Messenger: the lag is in the pop up animation when the app notifies you on the screen and sometimes it doesn't lag.
    2- Google Play: its always lagging but this is due to the caching process while you load the list of items it takes a while to show up the related icons and stuff so this is the cause of lagging.
    3- While you are working with downloads and installations its always lagging in any situation. Transitions, using other apps and so on.
    4- When you browse the internet sometimes it lags.

I think the lag is not due to the hardware quality and those stuff that people are considering. I think its a matter of 1 or a combination of the following:
    1- The CPU.
    2- RAM Management
    3- GPU.
    and this is because if you restarted the device you will be able to use it lag free for a while.

My best practice with the battery is that I use it always down to 2%, shutdown the phone totally and leave it in the charger, never overcharge it I don't trust the way Samsung handles that and then use it all day long with everything working like a charm.

Some solutions are about the developer options and turning on animations but I think its just to hide the lag not to remove it :) so I don't do it. I always clean up the cache, Removing all unwanted applications, games and useless background services and using the task manager to end unwanted running applications from time to time. If you do so I guarantee you the best user experience with you Note 3

I will be reporting all issues for you and hope that the next 4.4.2 update handles all this sh*t

Mohammed

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    1) Best battery life is to recharge at the 50% point.

2) Try Low on Space? Dump logcat next time it lags.

3) I never noticed lag on Play.

4) Lag on the internet depends in part on the lag on the path. Joes.gagarge.com is going to lag more than msn.com.

5) How is your CPU/GPU performing? I get

Attached Files:

3. firefoxegy

firefoxegy Lurker
    None

Jan 18, 2014
    mine is 36335

4. zoonie

zoonie Member
    None

Mar 20, 2012
    Male
    suffolk uk
    I have just bench marked my note 3 and the results look great to me! 36624 :D

Attached Files:

5. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert

Jun 26, 2011
    Male
    Shropshire, UK
    Nice, maybe an overclock of the gfx can beat the S5 :p

6. dan330

dan330 Android Expert

Jan 22, 2010
    op.. thanks for the post.
    but i find what you do... a little much for ME.
    i just like to enjoy... the device. let it do its thing.

I just charge as needed... when it is below 40%.
    trying to use it down to 2% (this requires effort),.. then turn off and charge (no one can contact me).. then take off charger right when it is full. every day or so.. what a bother.

ignore lag.. as it is more a time waste to worry about.
    the only lag that i notice most.. is when i wake up the phone. sometimes it takes more than a sec to wake up the screen.. i think i did not press the power button enough and press it again. but then the phone turns on, then off. requiring me to press it a 3rd time!!! bothersome!!

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 launched in 2012 and was the company's flagship phablet. The device featured a 5.7-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 13MP main camera.