1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

my observations and a few questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by helifrek, Dec 22, 2011.

1. helifrek

helifrek Lurker

Coming from an HTC Thunderbolt (an Eris before that) The Gnex hasn't instantly won my heart like the HTC phones did. To me the layout of the menu and settings and using the browser just seems much more difficult and not as user friendly as the Tbolt and Eris were. I am aware that I can (and have) change many of these things with apps and different launchers etc..... Thats one big plus about Android devices is the amount of customization it allows its users. anyways, I guess I was hoping for more of a "wow" factor with this phone. Don't get me wrong, it is growing on me the more I play with it, and how about that screen! watching HD videos on it is amazing! Of course, I am on the same boat as everyone else about the speaker not being load enough, I downloaded volume+ but I am too cheap to buy the paid version :) it helps a little but not enough. also, with my Tbolt I rarely lost my 4G signal and now I rarely GET 4G.....
    The phone is fast and sleek and pretty but I am not sure why I choose this phone over the Rezound, I am not a fan of the the rezounds looks but it has a faster processor and better camera along with the Sense UI that I am so used to along with a better speaker. also, correct me if I am wrong but the rezound has a pixel density of 342ppi and the nexus has 316ppi which would give the rezound a slightly higher resolution? but, the super AMOLED screen is pretty F'N sweet. I am not saying one is better than the other but I just don't feel my expectations have been met with all the hype that was going around with this phone. I really shouldn't complain, it's a hell of a step up from my first cell phone, a nokia 3310 :)

now to my questions,
    what the heck are the 3 little golden things under the power button for?
    can I do anything cool with the built in gyro or barometer? why are they in my phone? what are some awesome things this phone can do? impress me!
    and what are some of the big differences going from gingerbread to ICS?

"luckily" I have 5 phones on my family plan, only my wife and I use smartphone so I buy the rest of the family used/refurbed phones and use their upgrades, I know, I am evil but I foot the bill :) so, if I go past my 15 days I will still have upgrades to spare on new phones! wife is going to go with the rezound so I will do some side by side comparisons. thanks for listening to me ramble!

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mahalo

Mahalo Android Enthusiast

Answers:
    1) Charging for a dock so yo ucan also use your USB for something else
    2) So, Um, Why Does the New Google Phone Have a Barometer in It? | Popular Science
    3) ICS is smoother, built for the hardware you have in your hands and is updated, more robust, more clean....

3. helifrek

helifrek Lurker

Thank you for the quick reply, I did do a little more research on ICS and the processor being used in both the Gnex and rezound. I guess there is a reason behind the "madness" :) been playing with the Gnex for about 6 and a half hours straight, time to get out of the house! think I will drop by verizon and see what kind of accessories they have.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews