1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support My own versions of radio problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ALNITLONG, Sep 17, 2011.

1. ALNITLONG

ALNITLONG Lurker
    None

Apr 17, 2010
    CSR at Family Video
    Canton, Ohio
    Okay guys so I have read the other posts about the issues with the Bionic but I think I have my own problems that don't really fall into any of the other categories. Basically I'm having the radio issues that others are having but here is how mine are happening:

When I'm connected to Wifi, my 3G/4G indicator in the top doesn't go away. It changes from the Cyan color of the Bionics theme to White, and the Wifi indicator turns Cyan, but the 3G/4G indicator doesn't go away. I'm wondering if this means it's still using signal and eating battery?

Next, sometimes when I'm connected to Wifi it'll say that I'm also connected to a 4G signal. When I leave my house or whatnot and I lose that Wifi signal, it still says that I have that4G signal. So I go about my business and if I try to connect to the internet or any app that needs an internet connection, it says "There is no radio connection, the browser cannot load the webpage." It stays this way until I switch my data preference from CDMA/LTE to CDMA only.

I'm still under my 14 day guarantee. Should I go get a new phone or does anyone know if a fix for this issue at all?

My data indicator doesn't go away when I connect to Wifi. It switches from cyan to white and the Wifi indicator turns to the cyan color. If it's still there does that mean It's still draining battery?

Also sometimes when I'm on Wifi the data indicator says I have a 4G signal and when I switch from Wifi to data I have no data signal at all, even though it says i have 4G signal. If I try to access the internet or any app that needs that sort of connection is says "There is no radio connection, the browser cannot load the webpage."

If I switch my data preference from CDMA/LTE to CDMA only, it seems to fix the problem. It's still inconvenient though. I'm still under my 14 day guarantee. Should I go get a new DROID Bionic and hope that it doesn't have the issue or hold out for some kind of a fix. What do you guys think?

Advertisement

2. Bogie

Bogie Member
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Programmer
    Romeoville, IL
    I'm having a similar issue.

Yesterday I was on WiFi all day at work and when I left my phone didn't show 4G LTE or WiFi and when I tried to connect to anything it said no connection available. It also showed no bars for signal strength.

I tried Wi-Fi on/off, airplane on/off and nothing seemed to bring the radio back. I turned the phone off and back on then everything was fine and it picked up a 4G connection and I had full signal strength.

I've noticed it a few other times and it seems to only happen when Wi-Fi is active.

3. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 31, 2010
    atl ga usa
    The 3G and 4G icons remaining when wifi is engaged is normal...at least so far. I don't think it's normal in the regard that other phones don't do this, but it seems the norm upon the Bionics launch. Icons turning blue or white is the difference of being connected (blue) or not (white) to Googles servers (sync, contacts, calender, etc...) with which ever icon shows blue or white.

As far as lossing mobile connectivity when your your away from WIFI...this is an issue cropping up quite a bit. I have it on occassion, but it is very brief. I'm not clear on this...it's not necessarily the Bionic and could be Verizons network I don't know. We don't know for certain yet.

The 3G and 4G radios being engaged when on WIFI and draining battery? We don't know for certain on that one either. They are there, but are they being used? Run a speed test to see which one is engaged.

There is nothing wrong with going to vzw and exchanging yours in fact I encourage it to see if it resolves your issues. Explain to them what is happening in-store.

Also, BEFORE YOU WALK OUT WITH A NEW ONE! Power it up, play with it briefly, check the build, mobile connectivity, screen, touch buttons, power and volume rockers to make sure it is acceptable to you. Compare it to your present one.

Remember this is still launch...I know Moto/VZW will be releasing an update for the Bionic. Good luck and report back :)