• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

my passion conspiracy

xclr82xtc

Nov 16, 2009
ok i think its safe to say we will have the dragon/passion before the end of the year, and at the very latest, early next year....

my theory..

you know the picture release that is a screen shot that says 0720..?? welll that backwards is 0270....27 is the date of black friday. the background also said BALTIMORE..so perhaps we only get to see it in the big cities first?

lol i love conspiracies! i wish this phone would come out already!

ok i think its safe to say we will have the dragon/passion before the end of the year, and at the very latest, early next year....

my theory..

you know the picture release that is a screen shot that says 0720..?? welll that backwards is 0270....27 is the date of black friday. the background also said BALTIMORE..so perhaps we only get to see it in the big cities first?

lol i love conspiracies! i wish this phone would come out already!

That would be great, but with only 9 days left until Black Friday without even a *hint* of news about it?

I dont know...

Upvote 0
I wouldn't be surprised if they bring it out mid-December, after all the people who rushed out on release weekend to get the Droid/Eris are out of their 30-day return window. I don't think releasing another Android phone 3 weeks after the first ones came out would make much sense.

If they release the BB Curve2 on Black Friday, people who ran out to buy the BB Storm2 (10/28) will be right at edge of their 30-day window.

That said, I want the Passion, so I'd be happy if I could buy it tomorrow :)

Upvote 0
Does it seems a little odd that we has a flurry of info about the Passion/Dragon and now there's total radio silence.

Does anyone think that Verizon/HTC has contacted the rumor sites (bgr/engadet/phandriod/etc) and asked them to keep quiet about the best phone to hit the market? In return the rumor sites could receive inside info and get their hands on devices earlier for testing and get leaks directly from the manufacturers.

It makes more sense to have the rumor sites on their side then try to contain the rumors.

Upvote 0
Does it seems a little odd that we has a flurry of info about the Passion/Dragon and now there's total radio silence.

Does anyone think that Verizon/HTC has contacted the rumor sites (bgr/engadet/phandriod/etc) and asked them to keep quiet about the best phone to hit the market? In return the rumor sites could receive inside info and get their hands on devices earlier for testing and get leaks directly from the manufacturers.

It makes more sense to have the rumor sites on their side then try to contain the rumors.

I would think its more Verizon contracting with HTC to keep quiet rather then trying to keep the rumor sites down. It would be up to HTC to give the rumor sites something to go off of. That could be why few pics of the phone as someone might get fired if it go traced back.
Hopefully an announcement is made on black Friday. As it might make more sense for that to happen and then launch being in December at some point unless HTC is just woefully behind getting Sense playing nice with 2.0.

Upvote 0
I have been trying to wait for this phone.After almost getting the Eris a few days ago.I really had to tell my self to wait a few more weeks after waiting a month already.

I agree,all the traffic died down on this after the letter stating the Google employees had the phone in there pockets now for a few weeks to test it.

I was set on black weekend too!

Upvote 0
Because of all the Motorola Droid fanfare, I see an announcement about this phone coming the week of Dec 7th, but probably not until about mid-week. I also see it being pretty low key. No advertising blitz, but rather that the phone will sell itself. Then we'll see the phone hit stores sometime between the 18th-21st. As for the FCC approval, we'll probably see something crop up the first week of December. If you look at the HTC approvals in the database, the phones are tested ~2 months or so before approval and the submission is a number of weeks before approval. This phone could have been independently tested in September and submitted for approval in early November. Seemingly, they know when the independent lab tests the phone whether or not it'll pass. The FCC simply reviews and approves. It's nothing but a formality.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones