• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My personal goal for the Design

kolosus

Android Expert
Oct 12, 2010
PA/NJ Usa
I have an issue with the Design.

I need native wireless hotspot to work. I know there's some threads floating around saying that other (non-native) hotspots are working. Unfortunately they are not working for me.

I used to have a Evo 4g before this and the native hotspot on it was hacked/unlocked. I wasn't even aware that there were still hotspots floating around without it being unlocked.

I've been looking around for a thread/place where hotspot unlocking first happened for clues or directions. I'm not having any luck. So I'm asking the community here if they can help locate this. I'm willing to put in a few hours a day for this (as life permits) until my goal is achieved.

I was using SOS N/X on my Evo 4g. In my opinion that was a super awesome rom. If I could get it ported to the Design that would be the perfect solution but given that SOS is GB while we're playing with ICS I cannot find a good rom to port to/from. My understanding is that porting works best from GB to GB and ICS to ICS. I have no qualms putting GB on my Design... ICS might be nice under the hood but SOS GB works wonders for me.

Thanks for your help/advice etc.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones