• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Phone Also 3G ?

BlueMuscles

Android Enthusiast
May 11, 2011
NYC
Hi

I'm in NYC and so far since yesterday and all day today I had 4G except for a few minutes today while in a Huge NYC building.

Surprise I even had 4g in that building but during the few minutes when I lost the 4G it showed 3G for them few minutes and then went back to 4G.

I thought Metro PCS only had 1X and 4G and didn't have 3G.

What Gives ?

Thanks

Yes it said 3G but I didn't know 1X is the same as 3G...I even did a double take but didn't get to check the speed because it went right back to 4G .

I was just surpised to see it say 3G after reading posts here because when
I start the phone up it goes to (says) 1X then straight to 4G..that's why I
was surprised it showed a 3G icon.

Upvote 0
11.png

Upvote 0
Yes it is...I have the $60 plan and $4 insurance and I was informed that it will be $5 starting next month.

Will my bill be extra being I'm using data roaming ?

I hope Not :thinking:

anything that you have to pay on top of your soon to be $65/mth, you'll need to pay up front... e.g. international long distance, and roaming that's not covered as free roaming.

Upvote 0
MetroPCS did enable "3g" in a few select markets. Dallas, Detroit, and Florida IIRC

Secondly while 1x uses some of the standards defined in the later spec it is considered to be a 2G (or 2.5g) data connection. Forget what marketing material you've read that says otherwise.

While LTE in its current forum was previously not following the 4G standard, the standards body has changed the rules and now Wimax and LTE CAN BE CONSIDERED 4G while HSPA+ cannot.

Reactions: BlueMuscles
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones