1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support My phone auto backs randomly.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AngryOwl, Jul 29, 2011.

1. AngryOwl

AngryOwl Member

Jul 29, 2011
    I have restarted the phone many times but I can't seem to find the issue. My phone auto backs at completely random times and I have seen this happen in Angry Birds, Glow Hockey and facebook app, so it has happened in every app I have tried.

Anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Advertisement

2. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut?
    VIP Member

Feb 24, 2010
    EMT
    Minneapolis
    Do you have a case or screen protector on it that might trigger the button?

AngryOwl likes this.
  3. AngryOwl

AngryOwl Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Yes. But I just loaded up angry birds and pressed everywhere on the phone and really close to the button and it never triggered. i don't think that is it. It may have something to do with the ads, but that's as far as I have gotten.

I haven't messed with rooting yet and I don't want to lose my info on a hard reset

4. TheAtheistReverend

VIP Member

Feb 24, 2010
    EMT
    Minneapolis
    I would take it in to Verizon, especially since you haven't rooted. This is the first I have heard of this problem.

5. AngryOwl

AngryOwl Member

Jul 29, 2011
    It didn't do this before a couple days ago. And it only seems to happen in certain apps. Which is telling me it's a software issue.

How do you hard reset the inc 2 without losing all your data?

Edit: Update:: I noticed that angry birds has been lagging as well when it used to not

Edit 2: The mahjong game I have, it randomly pops up with a quick "loading game" popup and quickly backs while if I hit back it ask me if I want to quit or not. So It, whatever it is is doing something similar but different. It has to be a glitch. I checked the manual and couldn't find the part for a factory reboot.

6. TheAtheistReverend

VIP Member

Feb 24, 2010
    EMT
    Minneapolis
    Settings>SD and phone storage>factory reset.
    It will be like setting your phone up for th first time. Just make sure your contacts are backed up with gmail or otherwise.

EDIT:
    you can back up a list of what apps you have installed on appbrain (in the market) and if you don't use gmail for your contacts, I believe you can use Verizon backup.

7. AngryOwl

AngryOwl Member

Jul 29, 2011
    A full reset worked and I don't have the issues anymore. Just kinda annoying having to reenter info.

I think the task killer I used did it, and I tried stopping it and removing it but it still had issues.

8. TheAtheistReverend

VIP Member

Feb 24, 2010
    EMT
    Minneapolis
    Glad that worked for ya!
    :D