• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My phone cannot make wi-fi calls

ShiroChu

Lurker
Sep 27, 2017
When I turn on wi fi calling and turn off my cellular network, I am able to connect to the internet and use my browser, but I cannot make a call. It says "mobile network not available." This is an issue because I cannot receive multimedia messages unless I am on wi fi. Does anyone have any advice?

It think the Samsung Galaxy Light aka Samsung Garda was a T-Mobile/Metro PCS exclusive in the US. So here are their instructions for Wi-Fi calling on your device on that network.

To use Wi-Fi calling, you must first register an E911 address and turn on Wi-Fi to connect to a Wi-Fi network.
  1. Register your E911 address at My T-Mobile.
  2. Turn on Wi-Fi.
  3. From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
  4. Tap Settings.
  5. Tap the Connections tab.
  6. Tap More networks.
  7. Tap the Wi-Fi Calling Switch to On. The Switch moves right and turns green.
Set connection preference
  1. From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap the Connections tab.
  4. Tap More networks.
  5. Tap Wi-Fi Calling.
  6. Tap Connection Preferences.
  7. Select one of the following options:
    • Wi-Fi Preferred: All calls are made over an available Wi-Fi network. If there are no available Wi-Fi networks, then calls are made over the cellular network.
    • Cellular Network Preferred: All calls are made over the cellular network. If the cellular network is not available, then calls are made over an available Wi-Fi network.
    • Never use Cellular Network: All calls are made over a Wi-Fi network. If there are no available Wi-Fi networks, phone calls will not connect.

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones