1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support My phone denies certain file types when sending from PC via bluetooth

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by d4ryl3, Apr 28, 2012.

1. d4ryl3

d4ryl3 Newbie
    None

Dec 12, 2011
    My Samsung Galaxy Ace has the latest official CyanogenMod nightly. I have Windows XP, a bluetooth dongle, and bluesoleil drivers.

I am able to send images and apk files from my pc to my phone. But when I try to send an epub file, or a 7z file, my pc says:

"Access is denied. Please make sure you have the proper right to access the files or folders."

So I tried to create a compressed file and instead of using 7z, I used .zip. And it was able to send it. So I'm positive that my phone has a list of allowed file types to be received. Is there any way to edit it? Thanks.

PS: I tried declining a file (that successfully went through), and it gave the same access denied error on my pc. So I believe that my phone is automatically denying certain file types. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    Delhi
    I am in the same situation dude, i never had any problems sending epub or 7z files, try to restart ur bluetooth, both in phone and pc, then give them a few seconds to activate properly and try sending again. Usually works for me.

Anyways zipping is always there, but it doesn't bothers me much, still it'd be nice if i didn't had to use that method.